Author: Charles Benoit
Release Date: September 2010
It's easy to forget that we spend our early teens afraid. We're afraid of fitting in, standing out, or being ignored. We worry that we'll never get a date, never get into college, and never amount to anything. Just like everyone predicts.
It's also easy to discount these fears. Looking back, it seems impossible that we would have stayed awake all night worrying about what someone else thought of our clothes or that we ever doubted our abilities, our potential. But that's only because we know how the story ends.
I wanted to write a book that started with these fears as givens, bottling them in tight and capping them off with that artificial indifference genetically required of all teens. Kyle Chase is not a bad kid. He's not a good kid, either. He's a typical kid. He's any kid. And, at one point in your life, he was you.
- Mary (CA) Rc'd 7/19 Mail by 7/26 DC:9102128882300244611145
- Betty (TN) Rc'd 7/22 Mail by 7/29 DC:0309 3220 0001 1932 8836
- Kathy (IN) Rc'd 8/2 Mail by 8/9 DC:0310 0480 0000 8055 2327
- Ky (NE) Rc'd 8/11 Mail by 8/18 DC:04969008132016065558
- Taylor (OH) Rc'd 8/20 Mail by 8/27 DC:03093220000175199999
- Jessica K (CA) Rc'd 8/31 Mail by 9/8 DC:0310 0480 0002 4751 0818
- Catie (UT) Rc'd 9/13 Mail by 9/20 DC:0310 0480 0003 5661 0379
- Blonde Reads (WV) Rc'd 9/28 Mail by 10/5 DC:03100480000135397194
- Sami (TX) Rc'd 10/8 Mail by 10/22 DC;03100480000027878930
- Ashley (ID) Rc'd 10/26 Mail by 11/2 DC: 0310 1230 0000 2269 7622
- Jamie (MO)