Author:Carol Lynch Williams
Publisher:Simon Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
Release Date: June 2010
Donated By: Britney
By Carol Lynch Williams
Summary: In one moment
it is over.
In one moment
it is gone.
The morning grows
and our lives-
how they were-
Our lives have
when I walk in
holding a shotgun.
Twelve year old girl Hope's life is turned upside down when her older sister Lizzie becomes an elective mute and is institutionalized after trying to kill herself. Ever since their dad died Hope and Lizzie have relied on each other from a young age. Their mother is a reluctant and unreliable parent at best, who turns tricks to support the family. Throughout the course of this lyrical and heartbreaking narrative readers and Hope discover that the mother is prostituting Lizzie and it's up to Hope to bring the truth to light to save her sister.
- Jessica K (CA) Rc'd 6/9 Mail by 6/16 DC:0309 2880 0001 6953 0493
- Jennifer (NY) Rc'd 6/22 Mail by 6/29 DC:9102150134711235919262
- Cindy (IL) Rc'd 7/6 Mail by 7/13 DC:9102165561353017050325
- Amy J (CA) Rc'd 7/16 Mail by 7/23 DC:03083390000057025568
- Betty (TN) Rc'd 7/27 Mail by 8/3 DC:03092880000227953967
- Tina (MI) Rc'd 8/11 Mail by 8/18 DC:03101230000071277431
- Heather (Proud Book Nerd) (IL) Rc'd 8/16 Mail by 8/23 DC:03091140000075132035
- Katelyn (MD) Rc'd 8/26 mail by 9/2 DC:0309 1830 0000 1614 1597
- Cara (PA) Rc'd 9/7 Mail by 9/14 DC:0310 0480 0003 0933 6752